Monday, December 31, 2007
Thursday, December 27, 2007
Anna got a cheap digital camera for Christmas to "practice" on until she's old enough to have a good one. Here are some of the first pictures that she took. Not bad for her first time. It doesn't have a flash, so that's why some pictures look dark. It's not great, but she doesn't care! She loves the camera, mainly because it's pink, but also because she gets to do whatever she wants with it!
Saturday, December 22, 2007
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
I'm a shy person, so I don't normally invite people over to my house or step out of my comfort zone. But, wards have changed, and I don't know very many people in my current ward, and we've been in it for about 6 months! So, I invited EVERY sister in my ward to a cookie party this morning. I knew that not all of them would come, and I was pleasantly suprised by the number of people who did RSVP! Unfortunately, half of them had sick kids so they couldn't come. I still had a good turn out, though! Tommy was a little weirded out by all the people when he got home from school, and was happy to see them leave! Why? So he could run to the kitchen and eat all the sprinkles!
Monday, December 10, 2007
Wednesday, December 05, 2007
Anna was the Student of the Month for the month of November! For some, that's not a big deal, but for us it is! She struggled at the beginning of Kindergarden, and we were afraid that she would not catch up to her peers, but she has!
My only high school student, Veronica from Plano East HS, came in 2nd in the Region and she's going on to Area! Plano's East cluster has the best Euphoniums in the Region and they made up much of the top 10, so her competition was fierce! Way to go, Veronica!
Saturday, December 01, 2007
Monday, November 26, 2007
1. I hate doing laundry. Absolutely hate it! The chore of cleaning the clothes is pretty easy, because the machine does it all, it's the putting away that I can't stand! I'll leave clothes in the dryer for a day or two just so I don't have to put them away! But, it eventually drives me crazy, and I take them out of the dryer and put them away. I'm NEVER done with the laundry! As soon as all the clothes are clean, we wear them, and they get dirty again! Sigh....
2. I love rice crispy treats! I have to be careful when I make them or else I will eat them all! When I was pregnant with Eddie I made a pan of them while Danny was in school, and ate all of them before he got home!
3. I am so glad that Missy has a good sense of direction, because, I swear, her and Mandie were going to get us lost somewhere between England and France! I had no idea where we were going almost the entire time! I miss London, and hopefully, I can take Danny there someday!
4. I don't have a favorite color. Nope. Not a single one! Some days I like red, others blue, but I can tell you that whatever color is in Tommy's or Eddie's diapers is my LEAST favorite!
5. I love reality shows and NFL football. I don't know what it is about them, but I love to watch them. Amazing Race is my favorite reality show, and it almost doesn't matter who's playing, I love to watch football! I have always been a Cowboys fan, so of course, Cowboys' games are my favorites to watch! I also love Gray's Anatomy and Ugly Betty. I can't watch crime shows because I have nightmares and trouble sleeping when I do.
6. I love looking at model homes, and going to Open Houses! I have recently discovered that Anna does, too! So, we have taken up the hobby of driving around looking at houses! Maybe when I grow up I'll be a real estate agent.
Okay, now it's Mandie's turn!
Saturday, November 24, 2007
Friday, November 16, 2007
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Thursday, November 08, 2007
Friday, November 02, 2007
Okay, here's some pictures of Eddie. He's not very photogenic at this age because the flash startles him and he makes weird faces. As you can see in the second picture, he kept on wiggling, so we didn't get a good shot. He looks pretty funky. I also don't have a great camera, or camera skills, so it's harder to capture the right moment. I'll try some more, and hopefully I'll get some really good ones.
Thursday, November 01, 2007
Tommy was Spidey, of course. We saw about 100 of them last night! He hated the costume, and I had to force him in it last night, but he realized that, in order to get candy he had to wear it. So, he did. He completely refused the mask, but I didn't mind. Eddie didn't have a coustume, but we did put a cute jack-o-latern bib on him. All of his pictures were pretty funky, so I didn't post any. We went to our Trunk-or-Treat last night, where the kids got A TON of candy, but was that enough? Nope. We had to go Trick-or-Treating in our neighborhood, too! At first, it was just going to be me and Anna because Tommy had shed his costume as soon as we got in the door, but the prospect of more candy enticed him to put it back on. We only did a small part of our street and the street behind us when the kids decided that they had enough candy and we went home. They ate a lot of candy last night, but they were both asleep before 9pm! They didn't even fight it!
Grrr...as a side note, my creepy next door neighbor was handing out candy with his wife and kids last night!! The nerve of that guy! So far, the charges against him are pending, and we're still waiting to see if he'll be prosecuted. Stupid, slow legal system!
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Monday, October 29, 2007
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Friday, October 12, 2007
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
2. Sleeping babies are so cute!
3. I love it when Eddie lets me know that he needs a diaper change. Tommy can go all day without telling me, and the only way I know is by the smell or the trail that he leaves behind. I know, yuck.
4. Finding the things you need at the store and they're on sale!
5. A clean house is a happy house. I have a hard time dealing with big messes. They drive me nuts!
6. Ahhh...cooler weather! Isn't it wonderful?
7. Anna got 20 out of 20 correct on her last math test!
8. Candy corn! Yum!
9. I love making home improvements! Even small stuff like putting up a motion-senor flood light in the back. It makes me feel safer.
10. Free baby-sitters!! They are the best!!
Friday, October 05, 2007
Wednesday, October 03, 2007
Thursday, September 27, 2007
Monday, September 17, 2007
Saturday, September 15, 2007
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Tuesday, September 04, 2007
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Anna and Tommy were playing in my room one day, and Tommy decided to climb into the cradle and lay down. Anna thought this was hilarious, so she grabbed a pillow for his head and his blanket and proceeded to "tuck him in". But she didn't think that was enough, she felt that he needed some "milk" and found one of her play bottles to "feed" Tommy.
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
I sanded, painted, and replaced most of the drawer pulls, and this is the final result! What do you think?
Monday, August 27, 2007
Anna is now in first grade and she gets her own locker! She's been SO excited about school starting! She's been counting down the weeks, then days until the first day of school. Both kids went to bed on time last night, so they woke up on their own, and fairly happy, and both actually ate breakfast. It wasn't until after we dropped off Tommy and were driving to Anna's school that she admitted that she was a little scared. There are no kids in her first grade class that were in her kindergarden class, so it's a little intimidating for her. I walked her in and helped her put away her stuff, and gave her lots of hugs and kisses! I know she'll do great today!
Friday, August 17, 2007
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Friday, August 10, 2007
Wednesday, August 08, 2007
Wednesday, August 01, 2007
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Saturday, July 14, 2007
So, Anna had her first dentist appointment last Saturday. She was really nervous, so I bribed her with an early birthday present if she got through the visit without freaking out or crying. The staff was super nice and they gave Anna all sorts of free stuff like, a t-shirt, little flossers, Disney Princess toothbrush, tons of toothpaste, and coins that she can redeem for prizes on her next visit. I was worried about the condition of her teeth, but after looking at the initial x-rays, everything looked good. The dentist came in and took a look at her top two teeth (the chipped ones) and ordered a panoramic x-ray to see how far along her permanent teeth were, as well as her molars. They normally don't do this until after the child turns 6, but since Anna would be 6 in less than a month, they went ahead and did it. (I'm so glad they did, because we would have had to go back in a couple of months to do it, and it would have been expensive!) Her top 2 teeth should be the next to fall out, which I am SO happy about! Anna was a trooper and did REALLY well. She only freaked out once when the hygenist pulled out her tooth scraper thingy to do her cleaning. Way to go Anna! Oh, and Anna lost another tooth at the bottom on Thursday, so that makes 4 teeth lost in less than 10 months!
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Friday, June 29, 2007
- The restaurant was INCREDIBLY clean.
- The kids play area is not too big, so you can easily keep track of your children. I had no problem keeping tabs on Tommy.
- There is NO FOOD or DRINK allowed in the play place! There's not a million people in there eating so it's a lot easier to see what your kids are up to, and there's no messy spills!
- The kids play area is SUPER clean! It doesn't smell like dirty feet, urine, vomit, or stale food. It actually smells clean!
- They have hand sanitizer wipes EVERYWHERE!
- The food is great!
- The manager was amazing! He went around asking everyone how their meal was, and if there was anything he could do to make it better. He even had one of his employees go around and give every child a free Chick-fil-A cow beanbag toy! There was a woman who wasn't paying attention to what she was doing, and she ended up dropping her not-eaten sandwich on the floor. The manager quickly scooped it up and ordered her a new one for free!
- The bathrooms had 2 diaper changing stations! It was super convenient because when I went in to change Tommy's diaper, another woman walked in right after me with an infant that needed a change as well. No one had to wait!
- They have a basket of butter mints by the exit, so I didn't have to buy anything extra to bribe my kids out of the restaurant!
- It's located right next to Super Target! Who wouldn't love that?
After my exerience at McDonald's I don't know if I'll be going back there anytime soon, but I will DEFINITELY be going back to Chick-fil-A! It's nice to know that there's a clean, safe place indoors that I can take my children to when it's raining outside!
Saturday, June 23, 2007
This first picture is of Tommy attacking Anna's dinner. She asked for cheesy broccoli for her meal, but had to leave the table for a minute. Tommy took the opportunity to hop up on her chair and eat that broccoli like there was no tomorrow! I personally don't like the stuff, but I'm so glad that my kids like it so much that they fight over it! Ahhh....fighting over vegetables. I like the sound of that!
The second picture is of Tommy sleeping in his bed! Now, to some that may not seem like a big deal, but for us, it is! For the past year he's been sleeping on the couch, and every time we'd try to move him, he would wake up and start crying! He DID NOT want to sleep on his super comfy, big boy bed! We tried everything, but since he was so young, and we had school the next morning, we didn't do anything more about it. The week after his birthday, we bit the bullet, and took him screaming to his room. He cried really hard for about 20 minutes, but when he realized that I wasn't leaving him, he calmed down and soon fell asleep. I was able to leave him without him waking, but at 3am he came to my room wanting me to come back to his room with him. I stayed with him for about 10 minutes until he fell asleep, and left again. He didn't wake up until morning! The same thing happened the next night, but the night after that, he was fine. He would actually run to his room when it was bedtime! He now prefers to sleep in his bed, and I will find him crashed on his bed in the middle of the day! It's so nice to have him sleeping in his own bed and not the couch! Now, we just need to tackle potty training!
Monday, June 18, 2007
Friday, June 15, 2007
We went to the Aquarium at Fair Park, and then on to the Science Place (which is now called something else, but I can't remember) yesterday. We only went to the lobby of the Science Place, but they have cool stuff there to do for free. We had a lot of fun, and the kids didn't want to go home! They actually wanted to spend more time outside playing on the many cool paths through the pond, than in the aquarium itself! We really should try to go there more than once a year!