Friday, June 29, 2007

I LOVE Chick-fil-A!

So, while Danny was gone to help his parents move, I had a horrifying experience at the McDonald's Play Place with Tommy. There were a bazillion kids there, and Tommy escaped without me seeing him. A parent came into the play area and was asking if anyone knew the child he was holding, which was Tommy. I freaked out and asked him where he found him. Apparently, the man's wife saw Tommy come INTO McDonald's, without a parent, run across the restaurant and out the other door, and into the parking lot. The man took off after him and got him as he was heading around the corner. It looked like he was doing laps around McDonalds! I thanked the couple profusely, gathered up my kids, and left, vowing to never go to a play place alone with my kids. Well, I tried again yesterday, but this time I went to Chick-fil-A. Let me tell you, I LOVE this place! Here are my reasons.
  1. The restaurant was INCREDIBLY clean.
  2. The kids play area is not too big, so you can easily keep track of your children. I had no problem keeping tabs on Tommy.
  3. There is NO FOOD or DRINK allowed in the play place! There's not a million people in there eating so it's a lot easier to see what your kids are up to, and there's no messy spills!
  4. The kids play area is SUPER clean! It doesn't smell like dirty feet, urine, vomit, or stale food. It actually smells clean!
  5. They have hand sanitizer wipes EVERYWHERE!
  6. The food is great!
  7. The manager was amazing! He went around asking everyone how their meal was, and if there was anything he could do to make it better. He even had one of his employees go around and give every child a free Chick-fil-A cow beanbag toy! There was a woman who wasn't paying attention to what she was doing, and she ended up dropping her not-eaten sandwich on the floor. The manager quickly scooped it up and ordered her a new one for free!
  8. The bathrooms had 2 diaper changing stations! It was super convenient because when I went in to change Tommy's diaper, another woman walked in right after me with an infant that needed a change as well. No one had to wait!
  9. They have a basket of butter mints by the exit, so I didn't have to buy anything extra to bribe my kids out of the restaurant!
  10. It's located right next to Super Target! Who wouldn't love that?

After my exerience at McDonald's I don't know if I'll be going back there anytime soon, but I will DEFINITELY be going back to Chick-fil-A! It's nice to know that there's a clean, safe place indoors that I can take my children to when it's raining outside!

3 comments:

Kenny said...

Chick-fil-a really is an amazing restaurant. In my opinion it is the best fastfood chain. I love their food, the service is great, and it is always clean. Plus they are closed on Sundays! The guy who started it is a great christian man from Atlanta. He does a lot the people in Georgia. Texas and I are huge fans. Isn't is great that someone understands the small things that make eating out, especially with kids, great while still being affordable.

Kenny said...

He does a lot *for* the people in Georgia.

Missy said...

I, too, love Chick-fil-A. I'm just not patient enough to wait in line during lunch because there must be only one within 4 square miles of downtown Dallas. Maybe it can be the next location of a "sisters lunch?" Their chicken nuggets rock!