Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Me, Anemic?

All my life I have had great iron levels despite my family history. I always attributed it to the many years eating dirt as a child. But, I've been feeling SUPER tired and the doctor promptly ordered an iron test. Well, it came in a couple of days ago and I am anemic. Can you believe it? I can't, but I'll start on some iron pills, and hopefully, I'll have a lot more energy to enjoy the summer with my family!

5 comments:

Ginny said...

I'm so sorry. You could get mom to take you to Luby's for some liver & onions!

Gab said...

Isn't that somewhat common in pregnant ladies, though??? I thought so, but what do I really know? ^_^

Melinda said...

Yeah, it's pretty common, but I've never had this problem before with Tommy or Anna, so it's a whole new experience for me!

Missy said...

It's really not THAT big of a deal, though, right? I've been anemic most of my life so you know, you just take a pill every day and that's it! You just have to make sure you've got enough in you so Najera #3 doesn't start out his life being anemic. That's the only crappy part about it!

Mom/Grandma said...

One more caution - Keep those iron pills out of reach of the kids. There was a foster kid a few years back who ate a bottle of iron pills and died. I am sorry I passed that anemia gene on to you girls. Well it is better than some other genetic problems because it is mostly fixable.