Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Am I weird?

Is it just me, or does anyone else get a high off of cleaning stuff out and throwing or giving it away? I don't know what it is, but when I'm cleaning out a closet, or pantry, or whatever, my heart starts pounding and I get excited. I LOVE cleaning out closets, pantries, bedrooms, you name it, I like to clean it out. What gets me most excited it throwing or giving stuff away. I just love to see it leave my house! The fuller my trash can is, the happier I am. It doesn't have to be just my stuff either. I get the same way when I help others clean out. I love hearing about it, too! Danny has been spending one day a week helping his mom clean out their apartment and storage unit, and I love hearing about the stuff they've thrown away, sold, or given to charity. I sometimes get jealous that Danny gets to go over there and help his mom clean out! I know, I'm crazy, but I can't stand clutter! It drives me nuts!! I have a hard time going into Anna's room because of the amount of clutter that she has in there. When I'm in there, I seriously obsess over what needs to be cleaned out and thrown away! I just finished cleaning out 2 bookcases (I threw away 4 bags of papers, I have a box to be shredded, and another bag to sell to Half Price Books!) and I'm still on a high! I love looking at my clean bookshelves, and now I'm looking for something else to organize! I can't wait!

7 comments:

Missy said...

Do you want to come to my house? I have a SERIOUS amount of de-cluttering that needs to be done! You're like Randi with bathrooms, she loves to clean bathrooms and apparently you get a good thrill from throwing stuff away. Good for you, Melinda! But it still makes you psycho... : )

randivon said...

That sounds great! I like organizing things also... I do not know about the throwing stuff out but I totally understand the rush that comes from it. When I am in a bad mood, I clean... it helps relieve stress and puts me in a good mood. That is cool that you get joy out of such things as well.

Elder and Sister Dunn said...

That's awesome that you get a high from cleaning. I like things clean and it feels good after I see the progress, but I don't get a high from throwing things away. I am the type that second guesses whether or not I will miss an item and regret getting rid of it.

Ginny said...

Jared would be in a permanent state of heart attack if I did that! But after babysitting Danny & Melinda's kids while they went to see Harry Potter, I came home newly inspired to dejunk and unclutter. So far I've only hit 2 bookcases and 2 drawers, but it does feel good!

Shirley Fowkes said...

You will be glad to know that the dresses you sent over for the little Hispanic girl, Daisy, are really appreciated. Ofilia said she put one on and started twirling round and round and was very happy. So, your throw-away did some real good. She said thank you very much! And, if you have anything else, she will be thrilled again.

Suzy said...

I don't know that I get a high, but I love a clean organized house. I've almost finished dejunking my downstairs, but then I have another whole floor to tackle and it's the worst (sigh). Keep up the inspiring bogs.

3p said...

I get high from watching football on sundays!





Um...hello?...anyone there?