Thursday, February 26, 2009

Life has been hectic and stressful lately, so I decided to take the time to list a few things that I am thankful for. Hopefully, that will raise my spirits.

1. My job. I only teach one day a week, but I make good money, and I keep up my skills just in case I have to do it full time.

2. Danny's parents. They watch my kids while I teach. For free. I've tried to pay them, but they refuse!

3. Living close to everything. I am without a car today, but it's no problem because I'm within walking distance of almost any place that I need, especially Anna's school.

4. Beautiful weather.

5. Drugs. More specifically, allergy medications, decongestants, and nasal sprays.

6. Tommy's school(s) and the fact that our next ARD isn't until the middle of April! He might just finish out the year!

7. My iPod.

8. Craigslist. I don't think I go a day without looking for something on there!

9. Eddie sleeping through the night TWO nights in a row! Since he came down with Strep, he's been waking up in the middle of the night. Poor baby!

10. Goodwill. I love the fact that I can fill up bags and boxes full of stuff that I don't want, and they'll take it!

What are you thankful for?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a good list. I'm thankful for spin class, stouffers mac n cheese, bed time, balloons that keep carter happy and occupied, SCHOOL, ice cold water, and that brian wasn't one of the 10 people that got laid off in his office today. yikes.

Elder and Sister Dunn said...

Being reminded of how blessed I am always helps me. Anyhow, I am grateful for a good nights sleep. Carson just started sleeping through the night this week. It has taken 9 months for us to get to this point.

Gabby said...

I am thankful for a loving, adoring husband that indulges me by being supportive of my decision to try an at-home career. He knows the potential -- if only my 3 callings (and home things) didn't take so much time away from it (it's been a little slow going)! But he's patient, and we've been really good on the money issue (still no need to tap into our savings).

Ginny said...

I'm thankful for a new car that doesn't make weird noises in the Sonic drive-through, for Gideon's friend that picks him up for Seminary and takes him to school, and for a husband who shows his romantic side by picking out ties to match what I'm wearing!