Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 20

A Favorite Recipe:

I don't like to cook. I REALLY don't. I have to be in a special mood to want to cook. There are days at a time where I refuse to cook and we eat frozen pizza or go out to eat. Seriously. But, I do have some recipes that are super easy, don't take much time at all, and I love! My kids LOVE this one! When I make it they run to the table and eat like they haven't eaten for days! You should see Tommy eat this! He seriously lowers his head to his plate and shovels the noodles into his mouth!

Alfredo

1 (12 ounce) package of your favorite fettuccine noodles
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
A pinch or shake of nutmeg
1 pint heavy cream
3 ounces freshly grated parmesan cheese

Boil enough water in a medium-large stock pot for a package of noodles. Add noodles and bring the noodles back to a boil. When boiling, again turn off the burner and cover the pot. Noodles will be done in about 12 minutes (or a little earlier if you like them al dente).

While the noodles are cooking, melt the butter in a deep saute pan over medium heat. Add seasonings and whisk gently to mix. Add the heavy cream and heat thoroughly. Sprinkly in about an ounce of cheese to the mixture stir to incorporate before adding more cheese. Repeat two more times.

Drain the noodles and gently toss them in the Alfredo sauce until coated. Transfer pasta to a warm serving bowl. Top with more grated cheese and serve immediately.

*My additions: I usually add garlic and herb seasoned chicken to the alfredo at the end. It's really yummy!

No comments: