Monday, December 08, 2008

Sick, sick, sick.

Yep. That's my house lately. It all started last Wednesday with Eddie vomiting and other yuck, and continued for 3 very long days, one of which was my birthday!. On my birthday, I got thrown up on, then had to take the poor kid to the doctor because he's so little, 3 days of vomiting is not good, and ended up not feeling that great the next morning. Surprise, surprise. I judged All-Region band auditions for NINE HOURS that day (Saturday) all the while I was feeling cold, then hot, then cold, and my stomach was aching! It didn't hit until Sunday, and I'm still not 100% today (I'm so tired!), and I've got to judge AGAIN tonight! Now, I don't want to complain about judging because they do pay me, unlike all the band directors who have to do it for FREE! Tommy was sick, but he was over it so fast, Danny, too! Lucky. Anna, knock on wood, has not gotten sick, and I hope it stays that way! She's a great hand-washer and has stayed as far away from us sickies as possible. The only upside to all of this is that I've lost 5 pounds in the last 2 days!

3 comments:

Reid and Brittney said...

Sorry to hear that you are sick...that is so not fun. Hope you get feeling better soon!!!

Rebecca said...

I'm sorry Melinda! I hope you feel better soon.

Gabby said...

Ah, sickness that makes you lose weight.I remember many years back when I had mono -- I lost like 13 pounds in about a week and a half. The doctor told me it wasn't good. REALLY? You mean my only wanting to sleep and not feeling like eating wasn't good for me? ANYWAY, hope you feel better... I can only imagine what it must be like to be sick and still have to take care of your sick family! (OH, and you didn't get it from me, I only had a cold -- no yucky throwups!)