Saturday, February 16, 2008

There were 5 in the bed....

...and the little ones said "we're scared!" Yep. At 6:30 this morning, a terrific storm blew in with plenty of rain, thunder, lightning, and hail. After checking the radar to make sure that no tornadoes were on their way, we all jumped into my bed and tried to go back to sleep, but that was almost impossible considering there was nickle, quarter, and an occaisional golf ball sized hail raining upon our house! It sounded like the roof was coming down! Anna and Tommy were really freaked out, but the hail only lasted about 5-10 minutes. We had more than an inch of rain last night, and fortunately, there was no damage. We never got back to sleep, so our day started at 6:30 am. Not ideal for a Saturday, but hopefully we'll get to bed early tonight!

2 comments:

Ginny said...

My goodness! Hopefully everyone will get a nice nap or go to bed early. We had some rain, but not much hail.

Unknown said...

Aww! I know it was probably annoying, but I secretly look forward to those days, hoping I can sing "My Favorite Things" and have a pillow fight with the kiddos. :)