Thursday, May 10, 2007
Our Roof is Fixed!
After the first wind storm in Feb, we discovered that some of our shingles had blown loose. We took a look at our warranty and discovered that getting it fixed for free was going to be a huge hassel, and there was a possibility of it not being covered. So, we waited, and during the last big storm, our roof started leaking into our bedroom! We checked the next day, and all the loose shingles were gone. We found them all up and down our alley and in our neighbor's yard! It wasn't good. To get the warranty to cover repairs would take more than 3 weeks, just to get the claim processed, and more storms were coming, so we called a regular roofer. They came out and did an estimate and discovered that the shingles were installed incorrectly and thus voided the warranty. The repair was going to cost around $300, and they couldn't get to us right away. Well, on Monday, I got a letter from our home builder and they had negotiated repairs with the shingle company, and said that the shingle company would cover all repair costs. I called the number that Lennar gave me, and I was told that they would send a local company out as soon as they could, to make repairs. I expected it to take them a long time to get to me, but when I came home from teaching on Tues, the roof was already fixed! For free!