Monday, August 14, 2006

Anna's first day of school!


Today is Anna's first day of school! It took her a long time to get to sleep last night, so I was worried that she would be sleepy and grumpy this morning, but she woke up with a smile on her face, and was excited to go to school. She was ready in 15 minutes! That includes breakfast and brushing her teeth! We walked to school, which is only 1/2 a mile away, and got there about 10 minutes later. (Tommy is a slow walker, and likes to take detours.) Anna was great. She went straight to her classroom, found her seat, and started on her first assignment of the day, which was to draw a picture of herself, or someone she knows, and put her name on it. Tommy was a pain, though. He threw himself on the ground and screamed and cried because he couldn't play with the stuff in Anna's classroom, and he REALLY wanted to go to the playground. I didn't get to say good-bye to Anna because of Tommy, but she had given me about a million hugs and kisses before we left for school, and while we were walking to school! I did okay, too. I didn't have time to cry because I was dealing with Tommy. I am a little worried about Anna and how her first day will go, and if she misses me. We'll see when I pick her up at 3:20.

No comments: