Yes, I am. I think. Okay, maybe just a little. A couple of weeks ago I decided that our front room was too "granny". I just hated the chairs, the wall color was blah, and I felt like I was in an old woman's sitting room. Not cool. So, I painted the walls. I love the green and it brightened the room up a lot, BUT the stupid chairs were still there and clashed horribly! So, Danny and I started looking on Craigslist, at Target, IKEA, and online for a replacement for those chairs. We found nothing that we could agree on, and we didn't really want to spend much money. I started looking at the chairs, how they were made, how the fabric was attached in some places and made up my mind. I would reupholster those suckers. And I did. I didn't plan on starting until the summer, when I had Danny's help and more time, but once I got it in my head I couldn't rest until I did it. I started on Monday morning, and finished up last night. It was a hard process, but I did it! I have never done anything this complicated, and with no help! Here's the before:
Yep. Totally screaming "Granny chair! Put some doilies on my arms!" They're not bad chairs. We actually bought them new, but mainly because they were only $50 each on clearance at Wal-Mart and we needed furniture for our home. The fabric was itchy, but the chair is actually really comfortable. It even reclines! Below is the after. I had bought the cordouroy at Wal-Mart for only $1 a yard years ago thinking I would make curtains for my living room, but I didn't have enough fabric to do it. So, I used some of the fabric for my office curtains, and had some left over. I started with the leftover fabric, but that barely covered one chair! I ended up taking down the curtains and using those too! In all, both chairs used TEN yards!