Saturday, May 29, 2010

Day 1 and Day 2

I will be taking care of my sister's kids for the next 8 days. Abby is 4 1/2 and is ALL girl.

Carter just turned 3 and he is ALL boy. He is a charmer, though.


Mandie dropped Carter off at my house yesterday morning at 8:30, and I picked up Abby from school at 2:15. Carter adjusted really quickly, and even calls me mom! I guess it's not too bad, Abby calls me Aunt Ginny, so I'll take what I can get. So far, I have been able to handle it, but having 5 kids under the age of 8 in my home is difficult! Having a swing set in the backyard has REALLY helped. I promised my kids that I would buy one before Abby and Carter came, and it is a lifesaver! They do fight over swings at times, but it's SO nice to send them all to the backyard to play! Dinner time is really hectic, and Abby and Tommy both have bottomless pits for stomachs, so I have to watch those two pretty closely. Bedtime was not a walk in the park, but not as bad as I thought it would be, even though Carter and Eddie both had trouble sleeping.

Today was the first day that we have gone swimming as a family this year. I am always amazed at what my kids can do in the water, and Abby and Carter didn't disappoint either! It was nice not having to worry so much! Hopefully, tonight will go smoothly and we can get to church on time tomorrow!

No comments: