Thursday, April 08, 2010

Photography

Yeah, I know, I totally suck about posting on my blog!
Anyways, I got a new Cannon Digital Elph for Christmas and I was excited to use it on our trip! I'm no photographer, nor do I want to be, but I did want some good pictures! Well, it took me a couple of shots to figure out the settings in order to have some good pictures! Sometimes the facial recognition would zoom in on something in the background and the subject of the shot turned out blurry! Check out my first try below:
So, I switched up the settings a little, and here's my second try:
Not bad. Those are bougainvilleas, by the way, the namesake of the FABULOUS hotel that we stayed at in San Jose. There is a gorgeous garden that surrounds the hotel and we ended up spending a lot of time out there! It was so beautiful! I finally got it right on this shot:
Isn't that such a beautiful flower? The garden was filled with such beautiful flowers and plants! There were several plants that I have never seen before, and several that we see all the time here in Texas, but they were 10 times BIGGER!

1 comment:

Ginny said...

I LOVE tropical flowers-thanks for the pictures. I'm sure it was absolutely gorgeous.