Monday, March 26, 2007

My first nasal obstruction extraction

Today, after Anna got home from school, I turned on cartoons, and gave the kids their snack of Yo-Gos. For those of you who don't know what Yo-Gos are they are small, round fruit snacks covered in a yogurt shell that my kids LOVE. I have never had any problems with my kids eating them until today. Tommy started crying and was pointing at his nose, so I assumed he needed it wiped. I got closer and saw that the nose was REALLY red and said jokingly to Tommy, "you didn't stick a Yo-Go in your nose, did you?" He looked at me and whimpered, "uh-huh." So, I proceeded to try to extract that yucky thing out of his nose. I am SO glad that it was food that comes apart easily, and not something like a rock or penny that he stuck up in there. He was not happy with the whole process, and hopefully we will never go through this again! Or, this could be a glimpse into the future, sigh....boys!

No comments: