Monday, January 08, 2007

Bittersweet Sunday

Well, it has happened. I am officially released from Nursery. This was a difficult calling for me, and I'm glad it's over, but I'm also a little sad. Another worker and I worked out a great new schedule for Nursery and it worked really well on Sunday! We actually had fun! I don't think I had fun in Nursery at all since I was called. We didn't really have structure to the Nursery until now and it made a huge difference for the workers as well as the kids! We used to have 1 and 1/2 hours of toy time, which was SO boring, but now we have reading time, and singing time, and actual structured play time! It's great! Time goes by so much more quickly! I'm glad that the changes were made, but a little sad that it took 10 months to make changes! I just sat back and let the Nursery Leader do all the work, and I didn't really voice my opinion until I had another worker back me up and give me support. I have learned so much in this calling in just the last couple of weeks! I'm grateful for this experience, but now I can have a much more relaxing Sunday!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! Freedom! But of course if you miss it, you could always volunteer to do it again, or be a sub, or just wait a couple of years for your rotation to come up again.

Anonymous said...

I can understand how you feel. I volunteered one Sunday in Nursery and it was crazy. Our ward also has four nurseries and they rotate between rooms. It sounds like you made some good changes though and that should help everyone a lot.