Thursday, June 22, 2006

Another Trip to E-Care

Yesterday, Tommy started running a fever at about 11am. We monitored it all day until 9pm when it spiked to almost 103 degrees! So, we decided we needed to take him to our local E-Care Emergency Clinic. Anna was SO good! She stayed at home with abuela and didn't freak out once! She acted so mature! We don't know exactly what is wrong with Tommy, though. He has a very sore throat, but the culture came back negative for Strep. It could be viral, but the doctor didn't want to take any chances, so Tommy is on a Z-pack for the next three days to treat anything that could be bacterial. The Strep culture could have been premature, and show a false negative, so we're not taking any chances. If it's bacterial, he'll be better by the wedding, if it's viral, he will be sick for the next 7-10 days!


Missy said...

I hope Tommy's okay. It's always something with him, isn't it? Hope it's nothing terrible and that he's healthy by the wedding.

Mandie said...

Aw, poor Tommy! Hope he feels better soon!