Friday, September 10, 2010

I've been busy...

This lovely bookshelf (above) came from Anna's room. It was used and abused, as you can see. It was a $10 Craigslist find, so I wasn't too upset about the condition that I found it in. We were going to put it in our garage sale, but I thought I could put it to use somewhere else in the house. So, I thought it would work in our back entry as a way to organize our giant mess of shoes (below). Unfortunately, the bookshelf was too big as it was and was an instant magnet for junk.
So, I tweaked it a bit using a jigsaw and black paint. I love it! The bins were a Target find for only $4.98 each!!! They were regularly $19.99 each! I already owned the jigsaw, pillows, and black paint, so my total cost was only $10! The bench is perfect for sitting and putting shoes on, and the kids use it as a way to reach their backpacks and jackets that are high on the hooks! What do you think?




4 comments:

Chrystal said...

It looks fantastic! You are super mom!

Shirley Fowkes said...

I am impressed. If only you had gotten it off a curb, it would be perfect!

Elder and Sister Dunn said...

I am way impressed. It looks like you bought it for at least $100.

Elder and Sister Dunn said...

I am way impressed. It looks like you bought it for at least $100.