Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Flu Update

Tommy is now completely over the flu. He's been fever-free for more than 24 hours, and he's doing great. He was a bit tired last night and crashed on the couch way before bedtime, so I decided to play it safe and keep him home again today. He was SO mad that he couldn't go to school, and Anna was SO mad that she had to go!

Eddie, on the other hand, is not doing so great. He was diagnosed with N1H1 yesterday and WOULD NOT take Tylenol or any other fever-reducing medicine last night! He was burning up and miserable and we finally just had to hold him down and forced it in him. He also has a nasty case of croup which is pretty rough combined with the flu. He has Tamiflu, but he refuses to take it, so I've been hiding it in his juice. I haven't had much sleep, and I'm completely exhausted.

I took the kids to get their flu shots yesterday, and I went first to show them that it's not too bad. Tommy screamed his head off and Anna hid in the corner! Wimps. Hopefully, we'll be flu-free here soon, and I can have a full night's rest!

4 comments:

randivon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
randivon said...

Bless your heart... That really sounds misarable! I am glad Tommy is better and I hope that Eddie gets there soon!

Ginny said...

Good grief. Does Anna have symptoms yet or do you think she'll skip it? Hope all is better soon.

Gabby said...

Hope everyone gets better soon!!! *hugs*

(Oh, and I like the new background. Very cute!)