Thursday, April 10, 2008

10 minutes in a closet

I was startled awake at 4 am by some monster wind and thunder, but it sounded a lot scarier than the storms last week. I went and turned on the TV to check the radar and see what was going on. As soon as Pete Delkus popped up on the screen, our tornado sirens went off! Pete was saying that there was major rotation aloft and a tornado could drop at any minute right over our house! Anna was in the living room in less than a minute with her blankets, and I ran and grabbed Tommy and Danny got Eddie. We went to the closet and stayed for about 10 minutes until we heard the storm dying down. Thank goodness there was no tornado! Anna was totally freaked out and Tommy was confused, so it took a good 30 minutes to get them settled. Then Eddie woke up. Yeesh. I was awake until about 5:30 AND I had to teach today! Tommy was a little traumatized by the whole experience, I think, because he talked about going into the closet all day today!
***UPDATE***
It turns out that there was actually a REAL tornado, and it hit less than 3 miles south of our house! Scary!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Brian woke me up at 4am telling me the sirens were going off. Our satellite was down and our computer was totally shut down, so we called Scott and Carrie to see if we needed to get in a closet. (luckily they were awake too.) The sirens were so eerie and the wind was crazy! It was a wild night!